Sunday, February 12, 2012

my own healing.

buddha amongst the mountains...


day 14. I'm at the half way point in my month long elective. What an extraordinary experience this has been. I remember the first day when our director mentioned that we would experience our own healing this month. I wasn't really sure what she was talking about until now. I have experienced so many different forms of healing since I've been here, how could I not begin my own healing? Especially in light of the fact that I am towards the end of a long 7 year training, there's much physical, mental, spiritual, and even soul-level exhaustion. I am becoming aware of the "blocks" in my own life and I can only describe this as unpleasantly awesome. One must embrace, surrender, and forgive their own humanity in order to completely heal. Only after one heals themselves can they then begin to heal others...a very profound realization. From my own healing, I have now come to a place of creating a context beyond my own self...what this means to me is that my life is no longer about me, but something greater...come what may.

No comments:

Post a Comment