Sunday, February 5, 2012

my first weekend in tucson.

day 6&7. It's hard to believe that a week has already passed by. In some ways, it feels like time is moving rather fast, but at the same time it also feels like all I have is time :) I spent my Saturday afternoon learning about teas from a Chinese scholar, which was very insightful and has ultimately tweaked a new interest to learn more perhaps on a deeper level so that I might can add this to my 'toolbox' of healing. I had a much needed massage followed by an exploration of the gem show that is a yearly gathering in Tucson. I'm not sure I understand the purpose of it, but it's great fun to see all the colorful stones & gems. To give you an idea, vendors from all over set up house at hotels throughout Tucson. It's the oddest thing, they convert hotel rooms into show rooms. It can be an extremely overwhelming experience because of the magnitude of items displayed, but still worth the experience. I ended the evening enjoying a delightful & healthy meal made by a new, dear friend with the company of the lady she is living with. It was wonderful and the conversation was superb. We watched 'forks over knives' (thanks @ ravi), which you should definitely watch if you haven't already!

Today, I am going to spend my Sunday experiencing a community energy healing session followed by a return to the gem show with friends and then reading/researching about all the interesting things I am learning (I'm so excited!) with whatever time I have left of the day. Stay tuned for a photo re-cap of the week later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment