Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a full day.

yesterday was a full day. I spent the morning at the home of a behavioral nutritionist. It was awesome. The essence of our conversation, which I believe we all know, but often forget...is to eat in season and to eat as close from the earth as possible. I tasted vegetables and grains I had not heard of before, it was so exciting. Then we had a chance to explore her kitchen and create our own stir-fry from whatever ingredients we wanted...I do have to say our creation was absolutely delicious. Then I spent the afternoon learning about Hoʻoponopono which is an ancient Hawaiian practice of returning one's body to a state of balance via forgiveness and reconciliation. The belief is that a person's illness is related to the relationship in one's family including ancestors. Then I spent the evening in a energy healing session, which was an interesting an experience.

I feel like I've been in a meditative state most of my time here in Tucson. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the energy of this place, the people I am surrounded by, and the material I am learning. I'd like to leave you with a suggestion...if you do one thing today, just notice your breath. Notice how it changes with your activity & your mind and how simply bringing your awareness to the breath you slow down...it's an insightful activity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment