Wednesday, January 5, 2011

holding on to perspective.

For a while now, I've been thinking about starting a blog about my experiences during residency and some of the insight/struggles I have encountered along the way. I feel extreme circumstances shed enlightenment and residency is certainly one of those experiences. With the start of the new year, I thought what better time then now to begin this venture. I'm not sure what direction it will take, but for the moment the purpose is to serve as a means to express myself...it will be a little, yet colorful window into my world.

It's interesting to me, the perspective one gains upon returning home from a vacation. It seems the state of relaxation brings with it a fresh and grounded perspective on life. Things don't seem quite as urgent as before and quite frankly for me, the need to please has finally passed. However, before long I know that exhaustion will soon cloud my clarity, overwhelm my body and I will be back where I started. So, the real question for me is, how can one maintain this vision? I'm not sure I understand the answer yet, but I am in search of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment