Wednesday, January 12, 2011

nervous anticipation.

I find before every switch in rotation I get a little nervous, mostly from fear of the unknown. Tonight I find myself a bit more overwhelmed than usual. See, tomorrow I go to the CCU, the cardiac ICU, as an upper level and generally when people decompensate or become unstable, I move them to a higher level of care. Well, tomorrow I will be just that, the higher level of care. I've thought a lot about what exactly is putting fear in my mind and I think it's the stress that comes with knowing that the slightest mistake in a patient's care could significantly affect their outcome. That type of stress simply does not vibe with my personality. I'll also be on call every third night, so this month will prove to be challenging in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment